Friday, March 6, 2009

Verbal Intercourse

So this morning I was figuring out what I was gonna listen to while I worked. I was in a very indecisive mood and couldn't make a selection. Did I want hang with Native Tongues? Did I want to see what was goin on in BK? Chill uptown in Harlem or the Bronx? I wasn't sure, then I hit the O's in my album list and clicked on Only Built For Cuban Linx. As I'm going thru it, I'm like damn this shit is on another level. I think I say that everytime I listen to it. But I can honestly say that this album is Classic b/c it has the same effect on me every time I listen to it. When I got to Verbal Intercourse, I felt like I was in the mid 90's again. The combo of Raekwon, Ghostface, and Nas is magical. The beat is incredible. I wish they made a video for this song. I bet everyone of you lost your mind when you heard this for the first time.

As a fan of Hip Hop, I always enjoyed ill collaborations! It's definetly a lost art in today's Hip Hop Culture. So many Egos and the almighty dollar get in the way of potential classic combinations. Will we ever get a collaboration like The Symphony again or Scenario or Banned From TV or even All About The Benjamins? It took Nas & Jay way to too long to do a song together. They owed it to us.I always felt that these collaborations brought artists together for a common cause, which was to make HOT MUSIC! Isn't that what it's supposed to be about at the end of the day?




No comments:

Post a Comment