Monday, March 9, 2009

Storytelling Rap

As you may know from my previous blog, I was listening to Raekwon's classic Only Built For Cuban Linx. Since it was nice this weekend, I found myself driving around enjoying the weather while listening to good ol Rae. I got to the song Spot Rusherz while I was driving and I felt like Raekwon was in the passenger seat next to me and we were in Staten Island. "Line for Line this is how we get down. Can you feel me story telling rap magellan!" What happened to rappers painting a picture with their rhymes and taking you on a journey with them? Slick Rick, Nas, and a few others are phenomonal at this! We need more storytelling in today's hip hop!

Neel, Where you at? You caught me off guard that day when you sent out the Boot Camp joint because I don't have my hard drive w/ my classic music. But like a chamelion, I adapt to all situations. This is my way of being able to hit you with those classics. I was looking for the youtube of NORE & Nas - Body In The Trunk. That's storytelling classic! I couldn't find it though. If anyone has the mp3 please email it!



No comments:

Post a Comment