Thursday, March 12, 2009

Common Concert @ 9:30 Club

Last night I was able to catch the Common concert @ The 9:30 Club in DC. Thanks Neel for letting me know about the show. I hadn't seen Common perform in awhile and it was great to see an awesome HIP HOP show. Common is a true artist and knows how to perform. He had great command of the stage, the music, and the crowd! Eventhough he ran thru a lot of his more recent stuff, I was very much satisfied with the show. I was a little disappointed he didn't perform The Sixth Sense or I Used To Love HER, but it's all good. He started the show with a whole lot of energy and ended the show with the same amount of energy, if not more. I left hyped as hell! There was a great vibe at the show. Everyone had a mutual love for hip hop, so there wasn't any BS. Overall it was a great experience! I will be at the Rakim show on the 26th!

It seems that today's artist underestimate the value of the live performance. It's so critical in becoming a successful artist. Back in the day artists didn't have all the outlets that are available today (radio, tv, internet, etc), so when they got your attention, they made the most of it. I know we all probably have a story of how you saw someone in concert for the first time and they sucked and you never looked at them the same again. It's time to go back to the grass roots and hit the road and SEE your fans. There's a handful of artists out there on the road everyday and I appreciate and salute them!

As I sign off, I leave you with some video from the show. In case you're wondering, I used my sony cybershot T77 digital camera to shoot the video. It takes surprisingly awesome video! I recommend it to anyone looking to get a digital camera!












No comments:

Post a Comment